It doesn’t happen often, but Helping Hoops is hiring! Could you be our next Operations Coordinator? Read on for further details:
POSITION TITLE: Operations Coordinator.
LOCATION: Helping Hoops Office (Suite 8, 60 Langridge St, Collingwood) / Off-Site at Events and Programs.
HOURS: 24-32 hours a week, days negotiable. Some after hours and weekend work is required.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director.
CONTRACT: Permanent Part-Time, six month probation period.
REMUNERATION: $20 per hour plus superannuation. Salary sacrifice package available.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 5pm Friday August 25, 2017
A fantastic part-time opportunity for an Operations Coordinator at Helping Hoops, a Melbourne based not for profit organisation running free weekly basketball programs in Melbourne for over 1,000 disadvantaged and special needs children every year.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about community, super organised with a flair for managing projects and keen to put their energy and talents into making this awesome organisation even better. The role requires someone who can own and drive initiatives and is a stickler for timelines and detail. In turn, we can offer flexibility around hours, salary packaging benefits and a job where you know you’re contributing to something worthwhile and special.
What will you be doing?
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Event planning and management including fundraising events
- Grants coordination and database management
- Program coordination including updating participant database, checking session reports and attendance records, regular visits to program sites
- Maintaining accurate records around participants, reports, programs and personnel
- Managing email, phone and online correspondences
- General administration duties
What do you need to bring?
- A passion for community work and the welfare of young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organisational skills – proven ability to “own” projects and manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work autonomously and self-manage to achieve set goals within defined timeframes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications
- Working with Children Check (can be attained upon appointment)
- Desirable: Experience in non-profit and/or volunteering in the community
APPLICATIONS & FURTHER INFORMATION
To find out more or talk more about whether this is the role for you, contact Adam McKay for a confidential chat on 0433 857 875, or email email@example.com.