Whether your skills lie on the basketball court, or behind the scenes, we rely heavily on volunteers to keep Helping Hoops thriving. Enquire today to see how you can get involved. Volunteer roles are open across:
Get involved on a regular basis at your nearest Helping Hoops program and help our coaches deliver sessions every week. Some basic basketball knowledge helps, but the willingness to put yourself out there and create positive relationships with our kids is far more important than your hoops prowess.
As a Helping Hoops assistant coach you will:
- Provide support to our head coaches
- Understand how to use basketball and sport as vehicles to instil values in children
- Act as a mentor for our participants both on and off the court
- Help us create a safe and inclusive environment for all of our participants
- Be part of a team that supports and communicates with one another
- Commit to at least 2 sessions per month for a minimum period of 3 months
EVENTS & BEHIND THE SCENES
If you can’t make it out to our programs on a weekly basis, why not join our events team where you’ll be informed of upcoming opportunities. Help at as many or as few events as you can. We’re always keen to see who’s out there and ready to help out when we need.
Otherwise, you might like to get involved behind the scenes. Admin, PR, strategy, photography, marketing, rocket science… there are many skillsets out there that could really add value to Helping Hoops, and we’d love to know how we could work with you.
You might have ideas we haven’t even thought of. Let us know what you’re thinking.